Saturday, November 27, 2010

Borrego Springs Tamale Festival

 I knew that the desert got cold at night, but I wasn't prepared for how cold, as soon as the sun goes down, it cools off fast, we don't usually keep the furnace on,  because the fan is such a power hog, we both woke up about three this morning to find that Jake was sleeping on the foot of the bed, (how a hundred pound dog can sneak on to the bed unnoticed, is beyond me, but there he was and not about to move. Skip got up and checked the thermometer and it was 42F, I guess Jake was cold, he is big but delicate apparently.Skip turned the furnace up to 60 and we heard it turning on and off the rest of the night.

We went to town for the annual Tamale Festival which was held at Christmas Circle. For some reason I can't upload my pictures, so I will try again, tomorrow. I think my verizon aircard isn't getting a srong enough signal.


I heard from Shawnarae, that a fellow I used to work with had taken his life on Thursday, that makes me so sad, I know my friends are hurting and I wish things were different. I am sending good thoughts and vertual hugs to you.


Jean



No comments:

Post a Comment